I feel like summer came and went in the blink of an eye! Anyone else?! I still feel like we had a full summer with a good balance of adventure and relaxation. Here’s what we’ve been up to:
I guess the biggest update would be that we BOUGHT A HOUSE! We had been renting in Rockwall since we moved to Texas last summer but in April, we finally found a place we could make ours!
Anthony’s vision has always been to have a place that feels like we are on vacation. And that’s exactly what we found.
Shortly after we moved in, we actually got offered a spot on a new HGTV show. Everyone was really friendly and the opportunity sounded SUPER exciting but it didn’t work out due to timeline and other commitment issues. They probably saw how crazy our life is and were like “NOPE!”
We do plan on renovating and have already started working with an amazing designer + architect. We will most likely start on some projects next year once we’re more settled in and prices (hopefully) go down. In the meantime, we’re tackling some smaller projects on our own.
We filled our summer with lots of swimming, family date nights, local adventures, and lots of family time.
We closed out our summer with a VERY special family vacation to San Antonio where we spent time visiting my Granny. This was her first time meeting the boys and our first time seeing her since we announced to our family that we were having twins during Thanksgiving 2019
We checked almost everything off of our summer bucket list (never did catch those fireflies)
Callen & Crew
These boys are changing by the day! I feel like Anthony and I are always looking at each other and saying how BIG they are getting! The boys are now 16 months old (13 months corrected) and about 30lbs! Here are some highlights:
• Started feeding therapy to strengthen coordination and swallowing muscles. We will follow up with another swallow study at the end of September and we are PRAYING for progress!
• Started crawling and love exploring all over the house- they are climbing everything!
• Talking so much: mama, dada, ba ba (bottle), bubu, hi, go, I did it, wa wa (water), duck, and they try to repeat everything
• Dropped to one nap- and we are loving it!
Little Miss Charlotte lived her best life this summer! Her weeks were filled with camps, swimming, adventures with Daddy, sleepovers at Nana’s, VBS, and a lot of down time with family and friends.
- Turned 5 in April with a princess picnic in the park themed party
- Graduated from PreK in May
- Attended a mix of summer camps: YMCA outdoor day camp, day camp at her PreK, VBS, and gymnastics camp
- Continued swimming lessons and started swimming independently! She’s jumping in, going under, and actually swimming! Coming from the girl who participated strictly from the side of the pool 2 years ago, this is HUGE!
- Started kindergarten! She has very mixed feelings, but I know that a lot of it is fueled by frustration and the beginning of the year is always tough. We love her school and teacher and I know that she will grow to appreciate them too
What’s on the burner
- Bring on FALL! I love fall and I’m already planning what we’ll be baking, making, and doing. I’m praying that we can all stay healthy and safe so we can host a few things with family and friends and visit some pumpkin patches.
- Anthony’s travel for work has picked up so he’ll be heading out to San Francisco and Chicago in the next few weeks. Please pray that he can stay safe and healthy during his travels- and that I keep my sanity 🙂
Hope all is well with you and your family!